Health benefits of Cinnamon
Essential oils present in cinnamon (namely: cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate and cinnamyl alcohol) makes it unique as these essential oils provides multiple health benefits.
Health benefits of cinnamon are as follows:
1. It helps in controlling blood glucose levels by delaying the emptying of stomach after meals.
2. It helps in lowering down the blood cholesterol levels thus helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
3. It has anti clotting properties.
4. Cinnamon has anti microbial action hence prevents the growth of the bacteria as well as fungi.
5. Because of its anti microbial activity it can be used as Food preservatives also.
6. It is rich in antioxidants and prevents body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
7. Prevents inflammation in body.
8. Good for patients with insulin resistance as it helps in reducing insulin resistance and helps in boosting up the metabolic rate.
9. Studies showed that cinnamon intake has beneficial effect in neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer and Parkinson.
10. It helps in reliving symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome.
11. Cinnamon oil prevents growth of cancer and tumors.
12. It is a good source of manganese which helps in building of bones and other connective tissues. Hence it is helpful in arthritis and osteoporosis.
13. Helps in weight loss by boosting up the metabolic rate.
14. Helps in clearing water retention and prevents from swelling ad edema.
15. As a home remedy it provides pain relief in tooth decay and gum diseases, it is mainly because of its anti microbial properties.
- Get Appointment
Book Your Appointment Online
- Thermage and Fraxel laser treatments are two of...
- Age is inevitable and affects us all especially...
- Nano-blading for Scanty Eyebrows at AAYNA ‘Eyeb...
- Lips are of the utmost importance when we look ...
- Margaret Dabbs Unique Medical Pedicure – ...