- May 24, 2016
- Published in HEALTH
Fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidant and are also low in fat and calories. To lose weight you need to take less calories but that doesn’t mean that you have to eat less. Fruits add bulk to our diets and do not provide many calories. They can be used as a substitute for high calories foods in our diet making you feeling full with intake of fewer calories. For eg if we add fruits like peaches, strawberries, apple etc to our breakfast cereals then we can automatically cut down the cereals portion size and thereby reducing calories without feeling starved. Fruits can be used a substitute for high glycemic index foods in our diet and thus can help in weight loss.
One should aim for eating five serving of fruits per day and should opt for different color fruits like papaya, pomegranate, guava, apple etc.
Here is a list of fruits which you can eat for weight loss:
- Watermelon provides only 30 calories per 100gms and keeps you hydrated. They are rich in amino acid arginine which helps in burning of fat.
- Guava are rich in fiber , have low glycemic index and prevents constipation. It activates metabolic rate and helps in weight loss.
- Pear: reduces cholesterol, rich in fiber and vitamin C, keeps you satisfied for longer periods of time and is a perfect fruit for weight loss.
- Oranges provides 47 calories per 100 gms , take care of sweet cravings and activates metabolic rate.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidant, helps in boosting metabolic rate. Reduces insulin resistance, hypertension and cholesterol,
- Strawberries help in production of fat burning hormone adiponectin and leptin resulting in higher metabolism.
- Peaches are rich in vitamins, potassium, fiber and are ideal fruit for a low calorie diet.
- Coconut is rich in medium chain fatty acids, raises metabolic rate and helps in weight loss.
How to include fruits in your daily food intake:
- Use fruits as a snack in your daily diet.opt for whole fruit in place of dried fruit as whole fruit gives you bigger snacks size as compared to dried fruits.
- Mix fruits with yogurt or cereals
- Add fruits like apple or pineapple or grapes to salads
- Add fruits to oatmeal , pancakes and waffles
- Add fruits in sandwiches
To lose weight one must eat whole fruit as it provides fiber which helps to slow down the absorption of sugar into the blood; improves digestion and keeps you satisfied for longer period of time.