Anti-aging treatments currently lead the list of procedures being performed at aesthetic clinics across the globe. The spectrum of treatments is rather wide, ranging from the regular use of sunscreens and moisturizers to invasive surgery. Traditionally they have been segregated into surgical and non-surgical options.
Facial ageing primarily takes place due to the following reasons
- SUN DAMAGE – Chronic sun exposure leading to photo damage resulting in dehydration, loss of elasticity and sun spots. Below: the classic picture of a man who was exposed to the Sun daily on one side of the face for several years.
- LOSS OF VOLUME OR FAT-With age the fat layer beneath the skin gradually shrinks giving a gaunt and sallow appearance
- SKIN LAXITY-With time the skin thickness reduces because collagen, the protein fibers responsible for tautness and smoothness of skin starts degenerating. This starts the appearance of lines, folds and creases and the overall droopy and sagging contours.
The concept of when to start with anti-ageing treatments has undergone a vast change in the last decade or so. Earlier people seeked reversal for visible sagging skin, deep folds and wrinkles at approximately 50 yrs. plus when only surgical options would deliver any results. But increasing awareness of the causes of the aging process now has younger individuals also approaching doctors with ways to turn the clock back without going under the knife.
There are many different ways to go about non-surgical face lifts all of which are safer alternatives to invasive surgery eliminating the issues of risk, recovery and minimal to no downtime.
- RADIOFREQUENCY Devices for skin tightening- the most popular of which is the THERMAGE. These treatments deliver heat into the deeper layers of the skin targeting new collagen formation as well as remodeling of the existing collagen thereby giving tighter, smoother and more contoured skin. Recent addition of ULTRASOUND technology with radiofrequency devices e.g. EXILIS also perform the same action along with localized fat reducing benefits.
- FRACTIONAL RESURFACING– This technology revolutionized the treatment of acne scars and surgical scars, stretch marks, open pores, melasma and age and sun spots. FRAXEL laser, the most popular in this category uses microscopic laser beams to target the deeper skin cells which in turn promote the body’s natural healing process to eliminate old, damaged cells and replace them with healthy, glowing ones. There are both instant and progressive results after a minimal downtime.
- DERMAL FILLERS AND BOTOX- Dermal fillers predominantly contain Hyaluronic Acid (HLA) which is a natural component of skin. Fillers as the name suggests are used to fill the areas with volume loss as a result of progressive aging process or weight loss. They are also widely used to contour and recontour facial features as well as enhance the lips and cheeks, and last from a year to a couple of years depending on the formulation of the HLABotox derived from Clostridium botulin, is in the form of a purified protein and is injected into the muscles responsible for our expression lines e.g. Frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet. It is the leading anti-ageing procedure performed across the world.
- MESOTHERAPY, DERMAROLLERS– Mesotherapy was pioneered by a French doctor to deliver medication directly into the area of concern using tiny, painless injections. Mesotherapy is popularly used to treat problems of hair loss, cellulite and facial rejuvenation. Derma rollers are a form of collagen induction therapy using a treatment procedure with micro needles. The procedure improves blood circulation of the part being treated and increases the absorption of products applied locally
- CHEMICAL PEELS, MICRODERMABRASION- Chemical peels are one of the oldest of the rejuvenating procedures and also the most widely used because of their affordability and convenience. They are potent enzymes that when applied to the skin causes superficial peeling and exfoliation- removing the dead cells. They need to be repeated at intervals for cumulative results. Microdermabrasion is a process of physically exfoliating the upper layers of the skin using microcrystals of a inert nature. Also termed as a mechanical peel for its similarity in action, both these procedures are very popular because of their effectiveness in treating almost all the early signs of aging.
IN CONCUSION : THE ANTI-AGING TREATMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO US TODAY ARE VARIED WITH REFERENCE TO COST, TIME, EFFICACY AND POST CARE REQUIRED AND THE SUCCESS OF A TREATMENT LIES IN THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE OR BE GUIDED TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONE AT THE RIGHT TIME.
For more information about under Anti-Aging Treatments lease visit;-
Anti Aging Treatment