Cosmetic Dermatology deals with procedures including various treatments to improve and enhance an individual’s appearance. They are non invasive to minimally invasive procedures with little to no downtime enabling the patient to return to normal activities quickly and with the added benefits of a vastly improved skin condition.
All the above procedures are performed by a cosmetic dermatologist or practitioners who are trained to work alongside the dermatologist. A cosmetic dermatologist is a dermatologist first who takes his or her degree further by super specializing in assessing and treating any condition of the skin, nails and hair that adversely affects the looks of a person.
Some commonly practiced procedures are:
- Chemical peels for various skin conditions like acne and acne scars, uneven and dull skin tone and open pores,
- Laser hair reduction for unwanted body and facial hair,
- Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion to improve the texture of the skin,
- Skin resurfacing lasers for improving the appearance of all types of scars and fine lines,
- Laser treatments for stretch marks and tattoo removal,
- Radiofrequency and ultrasound based treatments for tightening sagging and lax skin and targeting localized fatty deposits,
- Botox and Dermal fillers to smoothen away the dynamic and static lines of the face and restore the volume loss associated with age to name a few.
- Mesotherapy to target hair fall, dull skin and cellulite using potent solutions or cocktails of vitamins, minerals and growth factors.